Milwaukee, WI – EM
Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital – Milwaukee opened their new hospital October 2010, combining Columbia Hospital and St. Mary’s Hospital – Milwaukee into one new facility. This is a 431 bed, acute care facility dedicated to quality patient care and the mission of the Daughters of Charity and Ascension Health.
The new Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee is a significant piece of architecture in the urban fabric of Milwaukee due to its size and prominent location along the upper shores of Lake Michigan. The building has been designed to blend in with the surrounding historic neighborhood and contribute to revitalization efforts. It will also serve as a prominent landmark for decades to come.
Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital has a tradition of being a strong supporter of graduate medical education sponsoring residency programs in Family Practice, OB/GYN and Podiatry. The ED hosts rotations for Emergency and Family Medicine residents from the Medical College of Wisconsin. In addition, students from the Marquette PA program rotate through the ED on an elective basis.
Columbia Hospital marked the beginning of Infinity HealthCare. As its first client hospital back in 1976, Infinity HealthCare is proud of its long standing relationship with Columbia St. Mary’s. Other facts include:
- Level IV Trauma Center
- Regional Burn Center for Wisconsin
- Certified Stroke and Chest Pain Center
- 46 Bed ED with plans for 8 bed observation unit
- Full complement of sub-specialty back up services including, cardiothoracic surgery, general surgery, ENT, orthopedics, plastic surgery, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, neurology, internal medicine, family medicine, OB/GYN and neonatology
- 24 hour diagnostic service including; CT, MRI, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and angiography
- 24 hour availability of Hospitalist service for inpatient care